Sunday, January 13, 2008

Early Sunday AM

I'm sitting here at my desk. Early. I've been up now for about 1 1/2 hours, because I have procrastinated planning a service for the 27th that HAD to be done today.
The good news - it is done, ready for tweaking.
The bad news - it is COLD this morning.
More good news - no new snow to deal with.
More bad news - that means I don't get to run the snowblower this AM.

Yesterday afternoon I worked at the radio station. A local Contemporary Christian group (the station plays CC music) had dropped off some CD's they had made. I grabbed a copy, b/c I saw they had included a cover of "Free Ride", which if you are of my generation you will recall was originally done by the Edgar Winter group (http://www.edgarwinter.com/home.php). One of a number of classic rock songs I have thought was adaptable to a faith message. Haven't listened to it yet, I'll let you know how it turned out.

In other news, I took a lead from Scott (relvalations.blogspot.com) and looked up who I share a birthday with on famousbirthdays.com. I have known for years that I shared a BD with Stevie Wonder. However, I also learned I share a BD with Bea Arthur and Dennis Rodman. Yikes. So, before you look, think carefully - do I REALLY want to know?

2 comments:

Jana said...

I've always felt there was a connection between you and Bea. I thought it was your shared penchant for lavender pantsuits.

Dale Deur said...

OK, the lavender pantsuit thing was ONLY during the 70's. Actually, it was a powder blue leisure suit...